Wednesday, April 6, 2011

chicken, leek & mushroom pie


Puff Pastry is my latest obsession in the kitchen. I have made this easy delicious Chicken, Leek & Mushroom pie a few times now and the whole family love it! Clean plates every time. Recipe here with a few alterations to what I already had in the cupboard "make the most with what you've got". I used chicken breast, plain milk from the fridge, and puff pastry instead of vol au vents and added mushrooms. All I did was cook the filling up, then got one sheet of puff pastry and piled the filling in the middle, then laid the other puff pastry sheet on top and folded edges up, brushed with some milk then in the oven for about 30-40 mins at 180 degrees approx. Served with salad that we also already had in the fridge. Scrummmoooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment