Friday, April 1, 2011

getting ready for winter

Ottobre Design Magazine is my new favorite thing! It's a kids fashion mag published in Finland and has been around for 10 years. All patterns are included and is value for money due to the amount of different patterns in each addition. I have seen it around before but never took too much notice until I did my little mouse from their website. Due to my need to "have it now" I found a shop called Tessuti in Surry Hills, NSW that stocked the mag ($22 each), so the kids and I went for a little trip to purchase. By the time I paid for parking in the city and the drive in, it would have been just as easy to order in online and be PATIENT!! You can also subscribe to this mag through Crafty Mumas which I will be doing for sure!! Plus they have some really great fabrics etc..

Ok, so keeping to my trackie dack mode (and left over material) I made this little size 0 jumper from the Autumn 4/2010 edition of Ottobre for Mitch. It's super cute and daggy and I love it. Will be doing some more of these with some fun additions to it.


this is what the mag looks like

Oh look, The Remnant Warehouse has their Easter Sale on NOW! 25% off everything (until tomorrow)... Just what I need. So off I was again today with my new mag at hand and still in trackie mode. I bought some supplies to last me the weekend and get my little mans winter dags done. I bought 1m of black, 1m of grey, 1/2m red & 1/2m white and it ONLY COST $17!!!!!!! I'll get at least 5 tops and bottoms for Mitchie with this.. BARGAIN I say. Plus I grabbed some bundles of ribbing that cost me a total of $7.50 for 5! and some other bits and bobs.


I'm off now to put my Spinach Pie in the oven for dinner :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been told that if you buy the subscription direct from the Ottobre website it is cheaper than Crafty Mamas and each magazine comes out quicker. Must renew my subscription

    ReplyDelete