Sunday, March 20, 2011

too cute tunic dress

This is my latest dress from Pip Lincolns "Sew La Tea Do" sewing book. It's called the "too cute tunic dress" on page 54. It's a dress that you can have done and dusted in one evening sitting for sure! The patterns in this book basically has small to medium and medium to large. I assumed I was a small to medium... as I am usually a size 8-10. Once I had finished the whole thing the small to medium was perfect. I used a really really light weight cotton fabric that I picked up for $2 a metre. So $4 for my new top/dress. It's a bit see through so tights or jeans will be a must. I am loving making things for myself at the moment! Oh and this dress has pockets too!
this is the actual photo in the book
My sewing and blogging and my life in general has had a slight shift lately with my husband being on crutches and 100% out of action. My mind has been chock-a-block full of stuff. I have still been sewing but just not posting them on my blog so quickly. I have finished hemming some things and making a few little things for Lacie for her birthday, and cause my mum is visiting I have sat with her and crocheted some more granny squares..

No comments:

Post a Comment