Thursday, March 3, 2011

quilted purse pressie

It is my best friends birthday today, so that meant I had to get cracking and make. I have had this little quilted purse pattern from SEW! by Cath Kidston that I have been wanting to make for a while now. You can't see it that well in the photo, but I took the time (yes I took the time) to hand quilt tiny stitches all over the purse in all different colours using Rajmahal Silk Threads. It took me for ever! Next time I make one, which I will do, I will use lighter coloured material so you can see the tiny stitches a bit clearer. It's a cute size and has a little press stud on in. Talking about press studs, I only just figured out how to do them and have made a tutorial that I will upload soon. Very easy once you figure out how to use the little tool that comes with the pack. Anyways.. here it is. Oh yeah... it's leopard print! You either love it or hate it. I think you are born with the gene or your not!! I was.. and I get it from my mum.



I never go out to buy wrapping paper or cards.. never really have. What a waste of $10!! So instead I use my trustie roll of brown paper and what ever else I have in my cupboard. Today I found some scrap bits of red paper that we used for some valentine craft a few weeks ago and some tangled art silk that was at the bottom of a box. So we made some little red balloons with string and a simple piece of cardboard with a birthday message. Easy peezy and looks a bit fun. Make the most with what you've got!


I also bought her a really nice smelly candle that has a scent of "fresh linen". I have this one and when ever she comes over she loves it! It creates a false perception of slaving over the laundry and spring cleaning!! That's why I have my candle burning every day.. It even tricks me to think that all the washing is done and the house is sparkling clean.. My Aunty-in-law makes them and she is selling them in some shops now which is great! If you are interested in creating a false perception of house work being done, let me know and I can put you in touch with my Aunty-in-law. $10 small candles and $30 extra large candles...

No comments:

Post a Comment