|still need to be hung on the wall|
Some quick easy steps to make your own.
- Buy your canvas/s first (then you can work out exactly how much material you will need)
- Find your fabric
- Load you staple gun (I bought mine for about $22 from a crafty gift shop)
|the girls got to my canvas before i did|
- Lay your fabric on the floor or table and place canvas on top, make sure it's laid out the right way and figure out which way your canvas will be hung etc..
- Cut around the canvas leaving about a 2.5" allowance for the folding over to the back, see below
- Iron your piece/s
- Fold over bottom edge and staple in the middle, see below
- Do the same for the top and then both sides making sure that fabric tension is ok
- Staple again about 5" either sides of your first staple
- Corners should be folded like hospital bed sheet corners?? or how ever you want, then staple in place
- Check if you need any more staples
Then your done!
2 x (60cm x 75cm) canvas $30
1 metre of fabric $15
Have you got some empty space?