Tuesday, January 11, 2011

All Dressed Up

Our little Bonnie had her first day at Kindy yesterday. Lacie and I dropped her off with a big smile on her face very excited for her big day. No tears! Woo hoo... Lace and I popped into Peg's Pieces to check out some fabric and supplies. Some spotty fabric and a few bits and pieces later we were off again to buy Lacie her new school shoes! She is starting big school in a few weeks... Home again to pack Lacie a school lunch while she got all dressed up in her school uniform and new school shoes to sit on the front step of our house and pretend she was at school having lunch. She even stood in the yard and pretended to hold a skipping rope while her pretend friend was jumping. The bell went and Heath picked her up from the front step.... Ohhh soo cute. Anyways, after we played schools for a while I was desperate to get some spots onto the girls. Clearly the girls just wanted to mess about while I took a photo! These dresses are from Pip Lincolne's Sew La Tea Do, the Miss Adorable Frock. Great easy pattern.


The kids grandparents took them out for the day today, so Heath, Mitch and I had a romantic day in Berry, NSW. A beautiful quaint little town 2hrs south of Sydney. A few granny squares later we arrived and the shopping began. First stop Haven & Space. A great, affordable homewares shop. Bought a door mat and some wall art. Then next purchase was from Sew & Tell, which is a fantastic craft shop with a good variety of sewing books and patterns etc etc..... I bought two new patterns that I have had my eye on for a while now, Make It Perfect Coastal Breeze dress & the Make It Perfect Shearwater Kaftan top. A Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie for lunch and a pot of tea and a brownie at the new Berry Tea Shop. Some more granny squares later and home again to find some stretch material that I had bought months ago from Pitt Trading and had no idea what I was going to do with it???? But now I have a pattern in my hot little hands that requires stretch knit!! Woo hooo, an outfit for me tonight! Heath and I weren't too sure how it would turn out as we were a little unsure of the floral print.... But I LOVE IT!! And it's for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

this is me! in my new dress I just made
Coastal Breeze
It is soooo comfy! Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and wear it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment