Monday, January 3, 2011

Make Something Now Morning

Mitch and I woke up early yesterday morning, so I had a "make something now" explosion that I just had to release. I had "make" on the brain when I woke up, cause the night before, when all were sleeping I was obsessed in trying these little crochet stars, as you do.. Made one, but then thought I need to do two just to make sure I could do it and read a pattern (from an old mag I was flicking through).


Back to yesterday morning... I had a browse through my sewing books and stood and stared into my fabric cupboard. I found some left over material form the back of a pram blanket I made last month. It's light weight and stripey.. Ahh ha, a nightly for the girls. I had made this pattern from Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy last year and it was a really easy pattern and quick to make (cause I really do like the make it now and finish it now kind of thing..) I got sewing and made this. Oh, and the little tie on the front is from left over material from the back of a quilt I made. At home we call these nighties the "Annie Orphan Nighties". The girls are massive Annie (the movie) fans. I love left overs!


Once I had my fix, the girls and I headed up to Lincraft for a supply of wool. Now that I can crochet and Lacie can do her finger knitting, we needed some stock! So a few balls of wool later, it was home again to down load Rhianna's "Only Girl In The World" song, have a mini concert in the kitchen (staring Lace and I), whip up a salad, then off to hang out with some good friends, watch all the kiddies in the pool, listen to the men talk about their old stories from a million years ago, that we have all heard a millions times before (for some reason we all still laugh at them) and relax (and get eaten by mozzies which is compulsory at any good Aussie BBQ!)

Hmmmmm... I wonder what today will hold? I might paint my bedroom??

No comments:

Post a Comment