Friday, January 14, 2011

Busy Day @ The Bowlings..



all hands on deck to give our veggie patch some love

molly just laid an egg for bon

finding worms for the chickens

colour my world

my little artists
 
home made pikelets for afternoon tea

home made red onion chutney for a friend for xmas

My Pikelets Recipe (best ever, even if I do say so myself!)

1 cup self raising flour
1 pinch bicarb soda
2 tbsp caster sugar
3/4 cup milk approx
1 egg

Sift dry ingredients into bowl. Add sugar, egg and milk. Hand whisk till smooth. My measuring jug is 1lt or 4 cups so I actually mix the ingredients straight into the jug. Or maybe pour mixture into a pouring jug to pour straight into pan. Otherwise us a ladle from the bowl. Eat warm with loads of butter and jam... mmmm or freeze for school snacks.

Red Onion Chutney

1 tbsp olive oil
4 red onions, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar

Heat oil in pan, add onions and cook stirring for about 10-12 mins or until soft. Remove pan from heat. Add sugar, vinegar and 1/2 cold water. Stir to combine. Reduce heat and return pan to heat. Cook, stirring every now and then for about 20 mins or until it thickens up and caramelises. Set aside for 5 mins to cool. Put in sterilised jars or air tight container. Great on top of brie cheese and biscuits or on ham sandwich etc etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment